Charities and not-for-profit organisations from across the district are being offered the chance to tap into a wealth of expertise for free.
Canterbury City Council has teamed up with the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) to offer no-cost membership.
Benefits of joining the NCVO, which champions volunteering and the voluntary sector, include:
- Exclusive access to sample policies, documents and templates
- Practical how-to information and advice
- The latest sector news and reports
- Thirty per cent discounts on publications, events and training
- Access to the Step on Board trustee programme
Organisations based in the district can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence of their annual income and how they first heard about this offer.
Canterbury City Council’s External Development and Events Manager, Andrew Smith, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to tap into a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience to help your organisation develop and grow.
“Ultimately, it is the people and organisations charities are hoping to help that will benefit.
“There is limited availability, so membership is on a first-come-first-served basis.”