This consultation has now closed.
We’re seeking views on the Draft Charging Schedule for the district’s Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
The levy will raise money from developments within the district, which will help to fund the new infrastructure needed to deliver the objectives of the Local Plan.
The Draft CIL Charging Schedule sets out the proposed charging rates. It is the second stage in the process of developing a local CIL, following consultation on the Preliminary Draft CIL Charging Schedule between October and December last year.
The Draft CIL Charging Schedule is supported by a number of other documents:
- A Draft Infrastructure List (Regulation 123) which specifies the projects and types of infrastructure which may be funded through the CIL
- An Infrastructure Delivery Plan which provides evidence for the Draft Charging Schedule
- A Viability Report and associated appendices
We’re also seeking views on a Draft Instalments and Payment in Kind Policy which are intended to support the implementation of the CIL.
For further information regarding how and why the Council is developing a local CIL, please see these Frequently Asked Questions.
Have your say
You can view the Draft Charging Schedule, supporting documents and have your say via our consultation portal. To do this you’ll need to register for an account.
Guidance notes on how to register and comment via the consultation portal can be found at the ‘supporting documents’ page of the consultation. A copy of the privacy notice and statement of the representations procedure can also be found on the consultation portal.
Hard copies of all these documents can also be viewed at the following locations during the consultation period:
- Canterbury City Council Offices, Military Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1YW
- Herne Bay Library, 124 High Street, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 5JY
- Whitstable Library, Oxford Street, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 1DB
If you prefer, you can email us at email@example.com or write to us at: CIL Consultation, Planning Department, Canterbury City Council, Military Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1YW.
Representations must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 5 April 2019.
Following the close of the consultation, the documents and copies of the representations will be sent to the Planning Inspectorate for independent examination.