The city council is currently advertising five concession opportunities at popular locations across the district.
A concession is a licence to trade in a public space owned by the council, typically in parks and gardens or along the coastline. The current opportunities are:
- Toddlers’ Cove, Canterbury – ice cream van
- Memorial Park, Herne Bay – ice cream and light refreshments
- Swalecliffe skate park, Whitstable – ice cream and light refreshments
- Reeves Beach, Whitstable – ice cream and light refreshments
- Tankerton Slopes, Whitstable – exercise classes
All five are available for one year with the potential to extend for up to three further years. The rents and terms of the different concessions vary.
Chairman of the council’s Regeneration and Property Committee, Cllr Ben Fitter-Harding, said: “These are great opportunities for local entrepreneurs at what are very busy locations. With a bit of thought and the right offer, the returns could be considerable. We’re sure there is the business talent locally to make a success of these.”
Applications must be received by Friday 2 February.