This consultation has now closed.
Objections received were reported to the Joint Transportation Board on Tuesday 24 September 2019 where councillors decided to make the following changes:
- Rose Lane, Canterbury – Change part of the taxi rank to a disabled parking bay
- Wife of Bath Hill, Canterbury – New double yellow lines at the junction with Priest Avenue, for a shorter length than advertised
- Hever Place and Wichling Close, Canterbury – New double and single yellow lines and a pavement and verge parking ban
- Millstrood Road, Whitstable – Filling in the gaps in the double yellow lines between Belmont Road and Grimshill Road
- Primrose Way, Whitstable – Reinstated the previously marked out double yellow lines
- Station Road West, Canterbury – Changes to the residents’ parking bays and new disabled parking bays. This change will be introduced once the new car park nears completion.
- The Hoystings Close, Canterbury – Removal of the residents’ parking bay. (This change has already been made)
No further action will be taken on the following proposals:
- High Street, Whitstable – Allowing blue badge holders to park in the taxi rank.
Based on requests received during 2019, we are proposing to make a number of changes to parking restrictions on roads across the district.
You can view the proposals and respond by clicking on the locations below.