You CAN vote if you spend most of the year in a holiday park


You still have the right to vote if you spend most of the year in a holiday park.

That’s the message from Canterbury City Council as it conducts its annual campaign to get as many people as possible to register to vote.

Council Chief Executive Colin Carmichael said: “We want everyone who is eligible to have a vote and make their voice heard at forthcoming elections.

“If you spend large amounts of the year in a caravan in a holiday park, under electoral law it can count as your main residence and, contrary to popular opinion, you can register to vote.

“We realise some parks don’t allow post to be sent to individual caravans so we want to do all we can to make the process of registering as easy as possible.”

To register, visit and search for register to vote. You will need to give us an email address and a telephone number in case we have any questions about your application.

If you are having problems, you can get in touch with our Electoral Services team at

If you register to vote in a caravan park, you may not receive a polling card letting you know an election is around the corner and where to go to vote. You can vote without one.

You can find out about upcoming elections by liking our page on FB, following us on Twitter or by visiting and searching upcoming elections.

The local media also tends to publicise elections when they take place.

You can find your polling station by visiting and searching polling station.