Our future district 2040 – tell us what you think
We have started the process of reviewing our Local Plan, the blueprint we use to earmark land for homes, jobs and open space for the next 20 years, and want to hear your views on what issues we should consider as we think about how life will change or is changing already.
The plan will set out how we will:
- Provide enough good quality and affordable housing, including social housing
- Create a range of jobs
- Encourage growth in the tourism, cultural and creative, technological and service-based parts of the economy
- Create well-designed buildings and public space
- Support vibrant town centres
- Secure new infrastructure such as roads and schools
- Encourage sustainable travel and energy efficient buildings
- Enhance and preserve our historic and natural environment
Overall the plan will seek to address the challenges of climate change and work to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities especially in the aftermath of the current pandemic.
A short and easy-to-use questionnaire, along with more information, is available for you to tell us what you think.
The consultation is open until 30 September 2020 at 5pm.
If you require paper copies of the questionnaire and supporting information or other formats such as large print, Braille or other languages, please call 01227 862178.
This is a statutory consultation under regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning)(England) Regulations 2012(as amended) – Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
Published: 1 July 2020