Eat Well Spend Less Roadshows to take place across Kent
Districts across east Kent are working together to host a series of roadshows this summer which focus on providing expert advice on looking after yourself and your bank balance.
The events will bring together a range of partner organisations, including frontline NHS staff, council officers, community organisations, and charities, in one easy-to-access place.
The roadshows are free to attend and families are invited to drop into the event taking place outside The Beaney, Canterbury on 16 August from 11am until 2pm.
Residents will be able to access a range of services including:
- Wonky veg and recipe bags from Morrisons and M&S
- Guidance on shopping and cooking nutritious meals from community groups
- Financial advice from Citizens Advice and Connecting Canterbury
- Health MOTs and BP checks from NHS One You
- Information on accessing local food banks from Canterbury Food Bank
- Benefits advice from Canterbury City Council’s Benefits team the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Covid vaccination information and support from the NHS
Cllr Joe Howes, Cabinet Member for People, said:
“More and more families in our district and across Kent, as well as nationally, are having to find new ways of eating well while spending less. These roadshows are a brilliant opportunity for residents to gain professional advice from organisations offering valuable help to families needing support.
We are keen to be part of this county-wide collaboration and I am grateful to all those who helped make these events happen.”
The roadshows are funded by government funding. Events are also taking place at locations in Thanet, Folkestone & Hythe, Dover and Ashford.
Published: 12 August 2022