Future investment priorities for Herne Bay taking shape
In October 2021 we asked for views on future investment priorities for Herne Bay and we’re now looking to take this further.
Our aim is to enhance some of the town’s key community, family oriented assets and landmarks so they are more attractive to both the community and to visitors, which in turn will encourage private investment into the town. We want to encourage sustainable travel methods and connect the train station to the seafront, making the cycling and walking routes more accessible and safer to navigate.
We are proposing to:
- revitalise and modernise the King’s Hall
- restore the bandstand
- repair the clock tower lighting
- improve cycling and walking routes to the seafront
- provide power in the memorial park and seafront for events
- increase the number of electric vehicle charging points for taxis and the public
We want to know what you think so we can incorporate your feedback into the designs. Read the full details and give us your views by completing our questionnaire by 5pm on Sunday 22 May.
Published: 5 May 2022