Service changes during the period of National Mourning
There are a number of changes to Canterbury City Council’s services which affect residents as we enter a period of National Mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II:
Bins and waste
Waste collection dates to be pushed back a day due to the announced bank holiday. Bin collections due on Monday 19 September will take place on Tuesday 20 September, and so on throughout the week, with Friday’s collection happening on Saturday 24 September.
Long Rock consultation meeting scheduled for Wednesday 14 September has been postponed. A new date will be shared once confirmed.
Committees and meetings
Following consultation with the Chairs:
- Planning Committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday 20 September has been moved to Wednesday 21 September.
- South Thames Gateway Building Control Joint Committee meeting scheduled for Thursday 15 September has been moved to Thursday 22 September.
- Scrutiny Sub Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday 14 September has been moved to Tuesday 27 September.
- Cabinet meeting scheduled for Monday 26 September has been moved to Wednesday 12 October.
- Scrutiny Sub Committee reserve date (for call-in) has been moved to Thursday 27 October.
Park & Ride services will operate on a Sunday timetable on Monday 19 September.
Culture and leisure
The Beaney museum will be closed to the public on Monday 19 September. The Beaney’s book of condolence will remain available at the Visitor Information Centre.
The book of condolence at the King’s Hall will not be available to sign on Monday 19 September but will be available the following day for the final signing day.
Published: 13 September 2022